We are delighted to announce a part-time job opening and opportunity to join the Congo Initiative team! If you are passionate about working with a global community of people united for the transformation of lives and a flourishing Democratic Republic of Congo, we invite you to learn more about our Administrative Coordinator position. This position is based out of our Durham office in North Carolina.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Coordinator will provide critical support for a growing organization. This is a newly created, part-time position that reports to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have outstanding organizational, administrative, and communication skills, thrive in a multi-tasking role, exhibit flexibility and patience with poise, and take pride in contributing to the excellence and professionalism of the organization. Strong preference will be given to candidates who can work between the hours of 8am-5pm and can make a (minimum) two-year commitment.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Hours attributed to each area below are estimates only).
Accounting and Finance (10 hours)
- Manage all incoming mail
- Process bank deposits and manage bank account
- Ensure timely entry of all gifts and constituent record updates in the database
- Maintain prompt gift receipting and coordinate donor acknowledgement processes
- Coordinate renewals of recurring donor credit card information
- Manage credit card accounting on a monthly basis, including payments and fund allocations
- Receive funding requests from staff and prepare expense authorizations for approval
- Handle other accounting related duties (as needed) in consultation with Executive Director and the accounting services provider
Major Gifts (5 hours)
Provide support for the major gift program including, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain major donor records in the database.
- Prepare regular major gift activity reports as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to major donor strategy meetings including meeting preparation; taking notes; providing summary reports.
- Prepare letters and other collateral materials as needed to support major gift activity.
Communications and General Office Support (7 hours)
- Serve as first point of contact for general inquiries
- Function as the organization’s database administrator, maintaining accurate and complete information for all constituent records and running reports as needed for communication and fundraising purposes.
- Draft written correspondence to donors and other constituents as requested
- Coordinate print jobs and mailings with local vendor in consultation with Communications staff
- Oversee and maintain the full functioning of office supplies, materials, and equipment
- Manage and keep up-to-date a master calendar for all CI-USA travel and events
- Prepare meeting materials and take minutes for all staff meetings
- Coordinate logistics for annual board retreat
- Assist with preparing materials for quarterly board meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements for staff and international retreats
- Represent CI to the general public, including donors, service providers, and other organizations
Fundraising Events (3 hours)
- Plan, organize and coordinate set-up of event materials, food and beverage catering, and any other necessary supplies or equipment.
- Coordinate volunteer teams and manage event planning schedule
- Provide other event support as needed
- Two years of administrative or office management experience required
- Experience in nonprofit accounting, project management, and/or CRM database management preferred
- Commitment to the mission of Congo Initiative
- Must be comfortable handling money and basic accounting tasks
- Extremely attentive to detail and highly organized
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Team-oriented and flexible
- Proficient and clear communicator
- Able to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously with grace and poise
- Impeccable degree of personal integrity and discretion
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Congo Initiative USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JOB TYPE: Part Time
START DATE: 10/15/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 09/30/2018
BENEFITS: Retirement plan (3% employer contribution); Holiday pay (5 hours per holiday)
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Entry level
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School
HOW TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resumé, and three references to Cullen Rodgers Gates at email@example.com.
About the Organization: Congo Initiative (CI) is a multi-faceted intervention in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo with the specific aim of developing a new generation of ethical leaders to model and lead social, spiritual, and economic change in all sectors of Congolese society. At the heart of CI’s work is the Christian Bilingual University of Congo, around which several other strategic community outreach programs and projects have emerged to address a variety of critical needs. Congo Initiative USA is the resource and partnership development arm of CI in the U.S. Building deep and lasting relationships that lead to increasing financial investment from individual donors, foundations, and church partners is the essence of CI-USA’s mission. CI-USA’s main office location is in Durham, North Carolina.