Thank you for your interest in serving with us in Congo!
We want to facilitate fruitful experiences for international visitors and staff who contribute specific skills and expertise to the work of CI. In order to link well-qualified individuals and teams with needs and opportunities in Congo, prospective international visitors and staff need to complete a specified application process.
Below is a list of current self-funded international staff opportunities. If you are interested in serving in another capacity not listed, please complete the volunteer interest form.
GENERAL DIRECTOR, ABC PRIMARY SCHOOL
A flourishing Congo starts with its children. Académie Bilingue du Congo (ABC) is seeking an impact-oriented director with a passion for the growth of this young school. The General Director of ABC oversees early childhood and primary education, envisioning the development and realization of the school’s mission. The Director serves as the key instructional coordinator, shaping curricula, teaching methods, staff development, and seeking excellence in all academic matters. The Director guides the growth and development of ABC, working closely with ABC leaders and key UCBC advisors to build and sustain a flourishing learning community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with teachers, professional advisors, and families to develop and implement the most appropriate curricula, materials, and educational techniques to serve all ABC students;
- Maintain an educational philosophy and school climate which encourages a cooperative and participatory attitude, as well as a commitment to excellence on the part of all teachers and students;
- Oversee all educational, administrative, and support personnel at ABC, coordinating/delegating all school activities, participating in the selection of new teaching staff and other personnel;
- Direct and implement the best practices in bilingual education;
- Facilitate teacher development and formation through resources and training;
- Ensure the most effective use of school facilities, materials, and staff service personnel;
- Continually build and evaluate teaching practices, curriculum content, and experimental programs;
- Identify intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs affecting students’ success in school, and take steps to direct and coordinate the efforts of teachers and parents in response;
- Work with teaching staff to develop a cohesive behavioral code and disciplinary system to ensure a safe, respectful learning environment for all;
- Build effective communication processes to keep staff, students, and parents informed and engaged in school life in proactive and positive ways.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education, with relevant teaching experience
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative and be flexible in developing a young school
- Commitment to Christian faith, excellent character, and leadership abilities
- Ability to work well with a cross-cultural team, and to encourage and empower others in their professional growth
- Commitment to DR Congo and to the growth and development of education in the region
- French language proficiency or commitment to learn
- Degree and/or experience in Education Administration
- Experience in curriculum, staff development, and/or bilingual education
- Fluency in French
International Staff with Congo Initiative are expected to raise their own financial support for their work in Beni. Congo Initiative will work with interested candidates to find a like-minded sending agency who can guide the candidate through this process. This position will require regular hours Mon-Fri, with occasional weekend meetings and other responsibilities. The school is located in a conflict zone, so any applicants should be willing to be flexible according to the security situation.
Contact us for more information!
INTERNATIONAL STAFF OPPORTUNITIES
Académie Bilingue du Congo Primary School (ABC)
Université Chrétienne Bilingue Du Congo (UCBC)
Center for Development and Partnership
Past Roles for International Visitors and Staff:
- UCBC instructors in Theology, Political Science, and English courses
- Library consultant
- Music education teacher at Academié Bilingue du Congo
- Workshop facilitator in Mentoring and Leadership
- Presenter at Christian lawyers conference
- UCBC Coordinator of Service Learning
- IT Specialist
- Assistant Chaplain
- Director of Integrated Research Institute