Daniel, UCBC student in Communications
Jolie, UCBC alum and Secretary of Economics Department
Naomi, UCBC student in Applied Sciences
Jean Marc, UCBC alum and Secretary of the Chaplaincy
The project’s primary goal was to provide safe, sufficient, clean, and reliable energy to support all of CI’s activities and programs that are based on the UCBC campus. A secondary goal was to practice biblical discipleship and an ethic of creation care, serving as an example of sustainable, non-polluting energy practices to the larger community. Thanks to your collaborative efforts and generous gifts, both these goals are now realities. What do these realities look like?
- Offices are now fully operational (lights, electricity for projectors, computers) during the school day.
- Classrooms and library (the most complete library in the region) are fully operational (8am – 11pm.) The library houses approximately 5000 print volumes, 50 networked computers, ample study space and areas for small meetings. Students now can enjoy consistent free access to more than 10 international digital libraries and repositories (including Elsevier, HINARI, Research4Life, JSTOR, and PubMED).
- Radio Télé Bilingue (RTB) broadcasts are uninterrupted. These broadcasts reach an area of 60km and over 600,000 listeners. Robust programming includes English instruction, environmental education, Bible teaching, local news, music, and recordings from UCBC classes.
- Carpentry and mechanical services are operational during business hours.
- The system meets the needs of our current building project–the University Chapel and Community Center.
- Exterior lights now promote security.
This groundbreaking project would not have been possible without these generous supporters:
Blacknall Memorial Presbyterian Church
Michael and Glenna Bleadorn
Christ Presbyterian Church
Andreas and Barbara Doermann
Donald and Donnalee Doig
Eastern Congo Initiative
Carla and Bill Freeman
Alexander and Melissa Hartemink
David and Cecilia Horn
Integrated Research Institute at UCBC
Charles and Jane Johnson
Deborah and James Kielsmeier
Eric and Amy Kuhl
Luke and Heather McDaniel
Donald and Patrice Penney
Eric and Rosanne Peterson
Brenda and Robert Pfeil
Jonathan Robie and Katherine Zopfi
Lee and Peggy Rudnick
Robert and Ruth Wantz
Charitable Trust (Texas)