Launched in 2007, Christian Bilingual University of Congo/Université Chrétienne Bilingue du Congo (UCBC) is leading Congo by modeling a type of education that is integrated and relevant for Congo’s challenges in the 21st century. UCBC is a 4-year, liberal arts institution that offers undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees in the following disciplines, each of which contains multiple concentrations:
- Applied Sciences
- Law (NEW!)
- Rigorous academics
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Rooted in a Christian vision of transformation
- Service oriented
- Emphasis on equal opportunities for women
- Technological integration
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Integrated Research
- Work Program
- Selected in 2011 as one of only two universities in Congo to pilot a new curriculum system for the country.
- Courses are taught by faculty from Congo, East Africa, Europe, and the USA.
- The academic year runs from November through July.
- Enrollment is approximately 500.
- As of 2016, we have more than 400 alumni working in various professions and making a difference throughout Congo.
Like many universities, UCBC relies on generous, external support to deliver high quality education that will shape a generation of transformational leaders. That is why in 2016, we established the UCBC Fund. Please consider making a gift today. Every gift is an investment in the future of Congo!