Women’s Voices is a student-led group that exists to support female students at UCBC, many of whom are the first women in their families to attend a university.
Goal: to grow in influence in their community, develop confidence in themselves, and discover their identity in Christ.
Since Women’s Voices was established in 2014, the group has taken the initiative to:
- plan community service events for UCBC students
- organize a peacebuilding workshop for university leaders from neighboring countries
- support members running for student government
- practice public speaking during UCBC Chapel and academic presentations
- reach out to other women university students in the Beni area
In a context where women are not often encouraged or expected to exercise leadership, Women’s Voices is blazing a trail and mobilizing talented women students for the service of their wider community.