This year, Congo Initiative (CI) celebrated 15 years of God’s faithfulness and the hope and resiliency of our community in Congo. We also celebrated your compassion and generosity as we continue to work together for the transformation of lives and communities in a part of the world often forgotten.
2020 was a disruptive year for all of us. Yet CI remains shaped by the core conviction that in order for people to thrive, we need to invest in leaders rooted in hope, equipped with renewed hearts and minds, and committed to transformation. This is what transformational leadership looks like:
- On 100 acres of land now stands a university campus where 350 students study every year
- Over 700 alumni who identify and respond to Congo’s challenges.
- Over 500 children receiving education to break the cycle of poverty.
- Over 40,000 people benefiting from land conflict resolution.
- Over 5,000 people experiencing healing from trauma and grief.
- Over 200 wrongfully imprisoned people set free.
- Over 20 entrepreneurs creating more than 120 jobs.
None of this would be possible without your loving investment. You are part of God’s story in Congo, joining these courageous leaders as they rewrite the narrative of their country. Bihembo Mulevera, a student at Université Chrétienne Bilingue du Congo (UCBC), continues to give hope to others.
“The difference I want to make in Congo is to show people that it is possible to create change. We are capable and good.”
Her words speak boldly against decades of injustice, conflict, widespread poverty, and epidemics – including Ebola and now COVID-19. They are a reminder to us all that in the face of adversity, change is possible and we can be a part of it.
Leave a Reply